Recent Publications and Talks
- 4,000-word Foreword to Routledge Classic Series Drucker book, Innovation and Entrepreneurship, September 2014.
- “Innovation and Management for the Common Good: Drucker’s Lost Art of Management,” Entrepreneurial Management-Challenges and Perspectives: Festschrift for Prof. Peter Gomez. Haupt Berne, 2012, pp. 325-344.
- "Practice of Management, The" Encyclopedia of Management Theory, Eric H. Kessler (Ed.), Anchor Entry, “toward ensuring that students and other readers will appreciate the enormous contribution Peter Drucker made to this field” (comment of second reviewer and senior editor of SAGE Publications).
- “Management By Objectives and Self Control,” entry in D. Teece and M. Augier (Eds.), The Palgrave Encyclopedia of Strategic Management, MacMillan, in book publication, forthcoming 2013, published online, 9 October 2013, book forthcoming 2013. http://www.palgraveconnect.com/esm/esm/browse/inside/chapter/9781137294678.0385/9781137294678.0385.html?page=&chapterDoi=9781137294678.0385
- (Research in and practice of Peter Drucker’s, MBO and Self Control)
- http://www.palgraveconnect.com/pc/esm-web/info/entries.html, accessed February 27, 2014
- With Karen Linkletter, Drucker’s Lost Art of Management, McGraw-Hill, New York, 2011.
Recent Invited talks
- “Practical Wisdom in Management,” Yale University July 13, 2013
- "Drucker Humanism, seminar with CEOs in Shanghai by teleconference on August 1, 2013
- "Capitalism in Crisis: What would Drucker Say?” August 12, 2013, Annual Academy of Management Meeting, Orlando, Florida.
- “Management as a Liberal Art,” A talk hosted by the faculty of Tamagawa University at Imperial College/Tokyo University, Tokyo, September 3, 2013 and Kobe University September 5, 2013.
- “Management as a Liberal Art,” A talk hosted by The Japanese Academy of Management, Annual Meeting of the Japanese Academy at Kobe University, Kobe, Japan, September 5, 2013.
- “Management as a Liberal Art,” A talk hosted by Seattle Pacific University, Center of Integrity in Business, Olivet Nazarene University, Bourbonnais, IL, October 17, 2013.
- “Management as a Liberal Art,” two-hour address to a select group including two university presidents and a small number of senior faculty members, St. Gallen University, St. Gallen Switzerland, October 29, 2012.
- Three Drucker Forum Talks—Leadership and the Spirit of Performance—Dalian, Xian, and Hong Kong, September 16, 18 and 20.
- Short course—Management as a Liberal Art—Drucker Academy Beijing—September 14, Centennial College, Hong Kong, September 21.
- “Leadership and the Spirit of Performance,” International Leadership Association, San Diego, CA, November 1, 2014
- “A Tribute to Dallas Willard,” American Association of Religion, November 22, 2014.
Invited Pilot Course
- Management as a Liberal Art Seminar, Wheaton College, Wheaton, Ill, spring 2013, March 20-May 8